Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 02:30:11 +0100
From: forums gimpusers com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
CC: team gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I fully agree with the first post of this blog. the question whether to save
unsaved work spoils the whole efficiency to quickly edit a file.

There are certain advantages to having a clear separation between XCF and non-XCF file formats....

For me, though, the real productivity killer is the 'export and quit' scenario, where GIMP asks you if you
want to Save (to XCF) changes.  I would love the ability to suppress that prompt for images that are (1)
recently exported with no further changes and (2) not associated with a saved XCF file.

Also, the ability for that prompt to have a 'Save' AND 'export' command could be a plus, too.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com