Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On 11/04/2013 02:30 AM, dksill wrote:
I fully agree with the first post of this blog. the question whether to save
unsaved work spoils the whole efficiency to quickly edit a file.

Hi
It's a "very old" story... *Four years ago* Gimp developer Martin Nordholts explained on his blog: "A lot of people over at GIMPUSERS.com want the old save and "export" mechanism back. The conclusion to draw from that is that they are not part of the user group we are targeting. We are not trying to make GIMP into an excellent JPEG touchup application, we are making GIMP into a high-end photo manipulation application where most of the work is done in XCF."
http://www.chromecode.com/2009/09/reactions-on-gimp-270.html
Therefore we, professional (or advanced users), are not "the user group (they) are targeting... Martin Nordholts forgot other image formats, better than jpeg because they are not destructive: png, tiff. These three formats are very used in professional world but Martin Nordholts an gimp team sadly ignore it...
Greetings
--
Maderios