Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 04:53:29PM +0100, maderios wrote:
On 11/04/2013 02:30 AM, dksill wrote:
I fully agree with the first post of this blog. the question whether to save
unsaved work spoils the whole efficiency to quickly edit a file.

Hi
It's a "very old" story... *Four years ago* Gimp developer Martin
Nordholts explained on his blog:
"A lot of people over at GIMPUSERS.com want the old save and
"export" mechanism back. The conclusion to draw from that is that
they are not part of the user group we are targeting. We are not
trying to make GIMP into an excellent JPEG touchup application, we
are making GIMP into a high-end photo manipulation application where
most of the work is done in XCF."
http://www.chromecode.com/2009/09/reactions-on-gimp-270.html
Therefore we, professional (or advanced users),  are not "the user
group (they) are targeting... Martin Nordholts forgot other image
formats, better than jpeg because they are not destructive: png,
tiff. These three formats are very used in professional world but
Martin Nordholts an gimp team sadly ignore it...
Greetings
--

This subject has been worn out - Please stop it maderios! Professional image
editors don't work in jpeg format. It's an end use format. Think non destructive