Re: [Gimp-user] Create image from clipboard via command line

Piotr Rybałtowski <prybaltowski gmail com> writes:

[...]

Kevin, I know about pasting when I have it opened. After taking a
screenshot I'm running GIMP and pressing ctrl+shift+v. I'd be much
better though if I could be able to run it as a single command so I
could make even better shortcut.

Saving clipboard to a file is not for me. I want to have it opened as
new image.

Well, if you don't mind the file ending up in your /tmp, you could save
the python script as e.g. "save-clipboard-image.py" and make another
script "save-clipboard-image-tmp.sh" that does

    #!/bin/sh
    cd /tmp
    /path/to/save-clipboard-image.py -o

You might want to change "xdg-open" to "gimp" in the script in case it
opens in the wrong program.

Then just make a shortcut to "save-clipboard-image-tmp.sh" from
wherever (remember to chmod +x them).

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer