Re: [Gimp-user] Create image from clipboard via command line

Piotr Rybałtowski <prybaltowski gmail com> writes:

Hi,

I'm thinking about some new feature which I'd love to see in GIMP but
can't add it myself. Maybe there's a way to achieve it. And if it's
wrong place to post such suggestions let me know, this is my first
mail here.

To the point. I'd love to be able to create new image from clipboard
from a command line. There is such function so I guess it wouldn't be
a problem to add it. Having this one could make a shortcut (e.g. in
Unity's launcher RMB menu). It's useful when some app (e.g. screenshot
taking) puts image in clipboard and you want to quickly edit it.

What do you think?

If you've got GIMP running, just press Ctrl+Shift+V (or Edit→Paste from
clipboard) and it'll create a new image from the current clipboard. You
can probably whip up some script-fu to call that from the command-line
if you prefer.

(Or you can try this python2-script
http://stackoverflow.com/a/12122028/69663 which takes any image in your
clipboard, run it with the "-o" option to open the file straight away.)

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

http://turl.ca/interleave_your_email