Re: [Gimp-user] Create image from clipboard via command line

Hi,

Mikel, there are more apps taking screenshots to a clipboard than opening them in GIMP so it'd be useful :). I use ScreenCloud.

Kevin, I know about pasting when I have it opened. After taking a screenshot I'm running GIMP and pressing ctrl+shift+v. I'd be much better though if I could be able to run it as a single command so I could make even better shortcut.

Saving clipboard to a file is not for me. I want to have it opened as new image.

For now I'll just stick with Open GIMP > Ctrl+Shift+V.

Thanks,
Piotrek

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer fsfe org> wrote:
Piotr Rybałtowski <prybaltowski gmail com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about some new feature which I'd love to see in GIMP but
> can't add it myself. Maybe there's a way to achieve it. And if it's
> wrong place to post such suggestions let me know, this is my first
> mail here.
>
> To the point. I'd love to be able to create new image from clipboard
> from a command line. There is such function so I guess it wouldn't be
> a problem to add it. Having this one could make a shortcut (e.g. in
> Unity's launcher RMB menu). It's useful when some app (e.g. screenshot
> taking) puts image in clipboard and you want to quickly edit it.
>
> What do you think?

If you've got GIMP running, just press Ctrl+Shift+V (or Edit→Paste from
clipboard) and it'll create a new image from the current clipboard. You
can probably whip up some script-fu to call that from the command-line
if you prefer.

(Or you can try this python2-script
http://stackoverflow.com/a/12122028/69663 which takes any image in your
clipboard, run it with the "-o" option to open the file straight away.)

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

http://turl.ca/interleave_your_email