[Gimp-user] GIMP on Thin clients

I`m a network administrator in a secondary school.
In our computer network we have 15 thin clients.
I´ve installed GIMP and it worked fine. But when the pupils start gimp, then there are always some workstations on which gimp ist very, very slowly. I suppose, that those thin clients on which gimp ist started last wont get enough memory.
How can I achieve that gimp will use only a limitede amount of memory space?
Thank you for your advice
Gunold