Re: [Gimp-user] A Sad case of regression

On 06/15/13 15:19, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Helen wrote:

Exactly!   We should not have to keep opening these files!  They should
stay on my screen until I finish with them.

But noone's forcing you to close them.

Are you kidding?

Nope.

  When I export, it closes!

It shouldn't and it never did so for me. In fact, I don't think it
ever did that for anybody. I don't see a single report like yours.

There's something crazy going on with your computer and your copy of
GIMP. What happens for just about everybody else is:

1. File > Export
2. Specify file name
3. Click 'Export'
4. Contonue working on the picture.