Re: [Gimp-user] A Sad case of regression

Hi all

I not often write here, but I'm a regular user of gimp. But I slowly get upset by some mails here

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:32:45AM +0100, . wrote:
No less than six digests were waiting to be read this morning, almost
entirely cluttered with this nonsense.

How much do I pay for the Gimp? Nothing.

Am I delighted with it? Yes!

Does it require any effort to get used to using <ctrl>E and <ctrl>S ?
No - a child would make less fuss than some of the posters to this
group.

Thousands of us owe a debt of gratitude to all the developers.

To the whingers - you are boring, get a life.

Dave Russell
London
---end quoted text---

+100

First: I am myself developer of open source projects as well as Debian developer, so not some casual user.

These bullying emails are just plain rubbish. Software should be written with the users in mind. And
- opening a jpg file
- editing
- saving
should result in a saved version of yhe original file, because that is what practically all programs are
doing, and what the user expectation, and natural behaviour is.

Of course a program does not need to follow the guide lines, but then there should be a clear indication that
it is doing something else than the standard/default/expected behaviour.

It could all be easily avoided if there were two entries "save as gimp doc" and "save as original" and a
config setting for the default shortcut binding.

I don't mind gimp devs pushing for xcf format, what I dislike is breaking of expected behaviour and, like
above emails, ignorance of the problem.

Norbert