Re: [Gimp-user] A Sad case of regression.

On 14/06/2013 21:51, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
is the choice for Win/Mac and proprietary software an informed
one?
Yes. You might not like the information they made their choices on, but it's not entirely random.
In a world where people still think that GIMP is a strictly
multiwindow application and there's no color management on Linux, are
you, Paul Holman, owner (?) ofwww.colourprofiles.com, prepared to
testify that you personally interviewed each of your clients and each
visitor of those said forums, and as the result of that study you
found out that yes indeed -- all of them are informed about their
options on Linux, more or less follow the progress of GIMP and
darktable, but simply don't find them good enough?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

No. As I said, all I ask is what OS they use to provide installation instructions. That tells me what software they actually use, not why or how they arrived at that choice it's not relevant to the information I need.
The information is simple and accurate.

That you ask such a preposterous question says all I need to know about your approach, but doesn't change the underlying truth that hardly any photographers use Linux.
Sorry if you don't like that, but that's the way it is.

Paul Holman
www.colourprofiles.com