Re: [Gimp-user] A Sad case of regression.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Crew wrote:
On 14/06/2013 19:06, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

As a Linux user, I don't have tons of image editors to try. But hey,
I'm quite ready to believe that most of them are doing it wrong:)

Right I see now.
"I write for Linux I don't need to conform to user requirements, I know
better"

You are not users, Paul. You are a user. Singular noun, not a plural noun.

Besides, you conveniently ignored the part where I list the kind of
pro users who love the new behaviour. Of course, they don't support
your opinion, so they should be dismissed. Is that what's happening?
You tell me :)

The vast majority of photographers DON'T use Linux because there's been
nothing credible for them.

It's amazing that there are people who actually believe that. What's
next? "Great product doesn't need advertizing"?

There are all sorts of reasons the vast majority of anybody doesn't do
something. Picking one single reason and claiming it's _the_ reason is
an insult to intelligence.

I'd seriously thought that as colour management had finally arrived in The
Gimp things might be changing, but I guess I was wrong.

Color management arrived to GIMP in v2.4 that was released years and years ago.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org