Re: [Gimp-user] Screenshot dialog

On 09.06.2013 14:26, Bettina wrote:

Just two options (whole screen, one window)

But in the documentation as well as in my GIMP-Version on my Mac both got
the third option for free selection.

Can anyone tell me, why is that difference?

That's because the screenshot plug-in is different on different platforms.

On the windows platforms, https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/win-snap is used, whereas other platforms make use of https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/common/screenshot.c

some attempts to unify them have been done in the past, but none has been successful yet.

P.S. your message gets sorted into the wrong thread - by replying to an existing message, your mail got a In-Reply-To: header referencing the original message. Please compose new messages to the list address if you want to start a new topic.

--
HTH,
Michael