Re: [Gimp-user] How to Install GIMP User Manual?

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM, scl <scl gplus gmail com> wrote:

On 09.07.13 at 03:29 Sam Gleske wrote:

You should get GIMP from gimp.org whenever possible.

You're right and usually this is the advice I (or we from the GIMP team)
give. Unfortunately the OS X build we usually recommend hasn't
released version 2.8.6 (yet) and all attempts to get the previous 2.8.4
build working with a manually installed help failed for me.

Did you grab the help files from here?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimponosx/files/

That is the sf.net repository of gimp.lisanet.de.  Inside that zip file is
an installer.pkg which I assume works along side the rest of the install.

SAM