Re: [Gimp-user] layers, new problem with old methods

On 01/22/13 07:59, Richard Gitschlag wrote:

Floats "belong to" whatever layer or mask was current when the clipboard content was pasted in.
You can only do two things with a float: Make it a new layer by
using the 'add layer' command, or use the 'anchor' command to merge
it down into whatever layer or mask was already selected when the
float was pasted into the image.

That is correct, but because the Layers dialog displays the float at the top
of the entire layer stack there is no visual indication in the dialog of which
layer it belongs to.  If we merely changed the display of the dialog so that
the float is always displayed just above its source layer (actual functionality
unaffected), this would make it more intuitive to the user.

While voting doesn't count ;-), I would second that as a suggestion.  I've meant
to make the same comment before.

Gary