Re: [Gimp-user] layers, new problem with old methods

Hello

I started with new file, created a new layer and pasted one half image,
repeated with other half image. Still can't get from one layer to another.
Layer> Stack > Reverse Layer Order
puts white over the subimages; repeat restores the color.
I un-/re-installed gimp, no difference.

Last week, I actually was able to move among layers, selectively hide and
reveal. I am mystified. Gimp is presently worthless to me.

Regards,
 Don Miller   damiller2 gmail com
======================================

Hello

Seems that manual setup is same HTML as on web.
Is there a searchable doc in a Windows format?

Regards,
 Don Miller   damiller2 gmail com
======================================

Hello

Update, I found and ran gimp-help-2-2.8.0-en-setup.exe
but gimp HELP still only connects to web version.

Regards,
 Don Miller   damiller2 gmail com
======================================

Hello Michael

I meant new problem with method I previously used.

So how do I regain control of my image layers?
Copy & paste is something I did a lot before
abandoning  photoshop CS2 for misbehavior.

On-line manual in HTML is not as friendly to searching
as would a PDF or ebook version (which I have not found).

Von: Donald Miller <damiller2 gmail com>

I resized two images, made a new page canvas, copied and pasted both,
opened grid. I can only move one image, can't toggle to other. Layer
stack commands are all grayed out, except "reverse layer order" which
does nothing. Pg-up/dn keys do nothing. "Align" does nothing.

If you haven't created new layers from the floating selections you got
after pasting, then you now have a still floating selection around. But
this has always been that way, so it is not a new problem with an old method...

If this doesn't help and you think somethings else must be the cause,
then describe what you're seeing in the layers dialog.

HTH,
Michael