[Gimp-user] Why so COMPLICATED?

It looks like FotoTouch was a stand alone executable for Windows 3.1
and compatible systems.  I could not find a copy, else I would have
fired it up under WINE to see what it does.  Alas, another "free as
in beer" program, derelict and unmaintainable, sinks beneath the
waves...

Wow, a whole lot to digest.  I'll reread it all later.  Thanks a bunch.  Good to
see so many responses.  I may not be so alone after all.

If there really is nowhere to download FotoTouch these days, I suppose I could
try emailing you a copy of it from my old PC, if you're really curious.

SirCrow (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)