Re: [Gimp-user] Close buttons and Single Window mode

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com> wrote:
From: animatrix1490 gmail com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 05:47:09 -0600
CC: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Close buttons and Single Window mode

Is this the same as the Ctrl+W command, or are you speaking of something
different?

Madeleine

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Terrell Kelley <terrell kelley gmail com>wrote:

When you changed the behavior of the close button in single window mode,
you made it where there is no longer an easy way to close the view instead
of the entire application. My suggestion is that you add a close view
button to the menu bar, being an X that is on the far right side.

Ordinarily I would think this was a feature request and wouldn't have
bothered for 2.8, but I've seen you do a lot of other things I would have
thought would count as feature requests. And the problem IS a result of
something you changed in a point release (2.8.4, I believe). So I'd really
appreciate a 2.8 release with a close view button in single window mode.

Either that, or at least an option to always show tabs, even if you only
have one view open. That would also give me a close button.

I noticed this recently, too, that in SWM when you hit the Close button on the application window it issues
a Quit command (Ctrl+Q) when previously it issued a Close (Ctrl+W) command.

Yes we changed it, because this was not consistent behavior. When you
click on a window titlebar's X, the meaning is that the user want to
close the whole window, not just a tab in it. This is a consistent
meaning accross all window managers and OSes. Having it perform
various tasks depending on the content was a bug of this single window
mode. And since in single window mode, you have only 1 window, closing
this window means quitting the program.
You still have individual X on tabs to close individual images.