Re: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 00:03:53 +1100
From: disposableemail apps opensourcelaw biz
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour

I am confident that I would have taken more notice of a warning
(because it would be out of the ordinary) if it: (a) didn't pop up the
false positives; but (b) did pop up an inconsistent format warning.
Apparently this functionality or something like it was in 2.6?

I'm not familiar with the specifics, but that is right, in 2.6 GIMP would inform you of precisely what
(transparency, layers, etc.) could not be output to a given file format.

For the 'crying wolf' (false positive) scenario one idea I've been thinking is a user preferences option to
suppress that warning for exported images not attached to an XCF file.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com