Re: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour

On 12/04/2013 05:26 AM, Richard wrote:
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:37:26 +1100 From:
disposableemail apps opensourcelaw biz To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour

[]

Cleaning the 'dirty' flag after export isn't going to happen - there
is a user-made GIMP plug-in that will do this for you (it adds an
"Export & Clean" type command to the File menu) but the core
behavior isn't negotiable :(

Maybe I'll look into the plug in.  Save v export is an annoyance (when I'm in jpg editing mode), but not a
life changing one.

Tip: From 2.8 (.4 I think) onward will inform you if there are no
changes since the last export; the warning message will inform you
the file was recently exported so you can use this to make your own
judgement about whether it's safe to close.

There is however a GIMP plug-in that does an export and cleans the
dirty flag, but the core behavior is not -- Stratadrake

It's important to note here that the save vs export didn't actually help me when I lost my edits precisely
because I had become habituated to ignoring the save warning (and the solution for me to the transparency
issue is to export to png/gif rather than xcf btw).

The save/export UI may need more thought.