Re: [Gimp-user] For GIMP-2.8 I need Fedora 17 .. which isn't released yet

eduperez <forums gimpusers com> writes:

Yes, there are dependencies within the dependencies, but all of them
can be installed using the same procedure; and, if you put everything
under a separate directory (I used /opt/gimp-2.8, for example),
dependencies included, then you should not experience any instability.

Most libs need to be built on the target system, and require other libs
(and include files, and so on). This makes it very difficult to 'put
everything' somewhere else. Yet, it can be done, though...
I just blew it :(

-- Johan