Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Jay Smith <jay jaysmith com> wrote:
c) The developers UTTERLY FAILED to manage public relations on this.  It was
completely obvious to me (from monitoring the discussions on the developer
list) that this subject was going to touch of an enormous storm of anger
among some users.

I don't think this is accurate.  I've seen quite a lot of PR and news
items over the 2.6->2.8 time period, some of which did cover the new
Save/Export functions, IIRC and not just on the dev list.

Having written some really basic in-house programs, my anecdotal
evidence suggests that almost *any* change will cause at least some
portion of the users to hate you ;)

Chris