Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Jonathan Kamens <jik kamens us> wrote:
It is certainly important for the authors and developers of an application
to know who their targeted audience is.

I'm curious, though... Do you know what percentage of the people who
actually use GIMP now are part of that target audience?

I mean, let's just say, for the sake of argument, that 50% of your current
users are not part of the target audience you envision and will find GIMP
harder and harder to use as it is further and further optimized for its
target audience, until in the end they go use something else.

Not everyone within that hypothetical 50% is going to hate the new
changes. I'm quite okay with them (and I do purely jpeg/png editing as
well...)