Re: [Gimp-user] Consistency in Selection

> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 13:26:44 -0400
> From: admin pilobilus net
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Consistency in Selection
>
> On 07/21/2012 12:59 PM, Andreas Lemke wrote:
> >
> > 3. Layer Groups
> > When a layer group is selected and the move tool is active: Dragging
> > moves not the layer group but the layer under the mouse.

That one bugs me too and I am very tempted to file it as a bug, because "select item to move" is the default setting for the Move tool.  You can, however, activate the Shift modifier and then move the layer group as a single unit.

On the subject of groups versus individual grouped items, I really like the way Inkscape handles it:
- Normal click selects single items relative to the current context (parent layer/group).  If the clicked item is in a group, the group itself reacts.
- Ctrl+click bypasses groups and selects individual items whether they are grouped or not.

Though of course Inkscape's behavior isn't necessarily applicable to GIMP....

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com