Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 usability discussion - Argument consolidation and referencing

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM, scott s. wrote:

It seems to me that opening vice import has many of the same issues/
useability requirements that should be considered. In particular, a
problem I encounter with workflow in GIMP is that GIMP doesn't really
handle (AFAIK) meta-data embedded with image raster data in file formats
(in my case, Tiff tags).

Reading metadata from TIFF has nothing to do with opening, importing,
saving or exporting. GIMP currently relies on libtiff library which
doesn't read or save embedded metadata. That's all :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org