[Gimp-user] logo copyright information

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of creating a user guide for gimp geared toward people who want to easily and cheaply build their own websites. I was wondering if i could have permission to use the gimp logo for non-commercial use. To be more clear I plan to give an introduction of this guide away for free. My second question is if it would be okay for me to use the gimp logo for commercial use. I would like to sell the full guide for a reasonable amount of money (no more than 10 USD). It has and will continue to take me a great deal of time to put together this guide, and I would love to be compensated for the work. However, I would understand if a commercial version was frowned upon. I will not be using assets that i found on the internet or anything made by someone else. I have created a custom vector image of the gimp logo and put it in silhouette. I only want to use a part of the logo for the design of the cover. I also have taken the time to re-create the gimp font logo by hand in vector form. I'm attaching an example of what I propose to do with the design of the cover of the guide and the website. Thank you for your time.

-andres