[Gimp-user] gimp startup failure

I have been using Gimp for a few years now and have become very dependent on it for my personal project:
orbitingeden.com

But I aborted a process a few weeks ago by using Task Manager to end the gimp.exe process. When I restarted my computer, Gimp would not restart. I unistalled Gimp, removed the local files and then re-installed. But still no joy.

I have looked all over the interwebs looking for the problem but still can't find anything wrong.  I have attached the gimp console output when started in --verbose:

gimp-fail.gif

My computer is running Windows XP Professional SP3 on an AMD Athlon chip and 2 Gigs of RAM.

Thanks in advance,

evan