Re: [Gimp-user] Changing the size of an oval?

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 09:27 -0600, Keith Purtell wrote:
OK, I Googled and found the steps for creating a colored circle with the
border size I preferred. Cool. But when it came to something as simple as
copying that circle (it's in a new layer) and changing the size,

You could use the gfig plugin to make circles, ellipses or ovals that
can be resized. Or paths, but they're hard to work with in gimp compared
to inkscape.

 (Note that I've been using Photoshop in the past, and
it's driving me nuts that I don't know how to "see" each new layer in
GIMP.)

control-L brings up the Layers dock (or windows->dockable
dialogues->layers). The eye icon next to a layer means it's visible.
Shift-click on the eye to make that layer the only one shown; repeat to
show all layers.

Liam