[Gimp-user] Question about brush size in 2.7 - can the tool size be linked to the brush size?

I've been using 2.6 for a while, and have started using 2.7.  Many of
the improvements (layer groups, single window mode) are amazingly
better, thank you so much!

I have my mouse wheel bound to some brush parameters, including size &
hardness.  However, it looks like tools have their own size now.

Is there a way to bind my mouse wheel to the current tool's size?  If
not, is there a way to link the tool size to the brush size?  It seems
strange to have a brush size that the tools completely ignore - is the
brush size even needed at that point?

Thanks!