Re: [Gimp-user] Uninstalling Gimp crashes computer

Sadly, no.  Although I just set it up to start creating them ...

-----Original Message-----
From: gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Ken Springer
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 10:41 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Uninstalling Gimp crashes computer

On 1/6/12 11:16 AM, Marci Davis wrote:
I didn't **let** her install it - in fact, it's inspired some rousing
review of what is OK to do (or not do) on the laptop. Nothing else has
been installed recently. By installation tree, do you mean going to
the location of the Gimp folder on the c drive? I did go out there and
try to uninstall or delete from there, but when I do so now, I get a
message that the path refers to a location that is unavailable. Could
this possibly mean that one of the uninstall attempt was successful,
despite crashes? If so, it seems weird that the folder is still
showing up. As far as the Gimp installers you reference, will those
also uninstall? At this point, I just want to try to get things back
to where they were before moving on to anything else.

Is there any chance you have a system restore point just before GIMP was
installed?

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8