[Gimp-user] scanning images

Hi I'm new to gimp & I can't figure out that when I scan an image in Gimp in the Scangear screen (can't find
the answer in the manual)& I have the output size to something other than the "flexible" setting it creates a
box which always crops the image. I can make the box smaller but never bigger to scan the entire image. But
on the flexible setting no box is overlayed on the image to scan but the resolution isn't high enough. So am
I missing something?

Thanks tim

--
happy (via gimpusers.com)