[Gimp-user] Format Text

Hi,  I'm new to the list.  And fairly new to Gimp.  I wish to create a text
logo and don't know how to get if formatted like I want.  The text is 2
words using the Bremen Bd true type font style.  What I'm trying to do is
have the top of the text square blocked and the bottom curved.  The logo
would look like it's sitting on a half moon cresent.  Does this make sense?
Can anyone show me how to accomplish this in Gimp.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Kenny

I think this is what you want. Started off with screenshots but easier to make a video.

http://youtu.be/HlCEW8UOj4o  about 3 mins

If it is, then get the Gimp script from

http://chiselapp.com/user/saulgoode/repository/script-fu/wiki?name=sg-warp-text

Read the info there as well.

Remember, once rendered the text is no longer editable as text - it is a graphic.

Also worth thinking 'alternative'  LibreOffice/OpenOffice/MSOffice all have a 'TextArt' function.
Make it there, save as a graphic file (say, png), import into Gimp.

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)