Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP and Tablets ...endless story, I expect.

Am 23.02.2012 13:53, schrieb gerard82:

Do you have "xf86-input-wacom" installed?
And is your kernel configured for wacom?
W/o these NO graphic tablet will work,CLI or otherwise.

As said, I have an Aiptek 6000-U tablet, not Wacom. I have the aiptek
kernel module installed, loaded and I get the kernel input events from
it - See the evtest log in my first post.

There is no "...-input-wacom" package for SuSE11.3, but I think X11 is
ok, too, because I get the message in Xorg.0.log that an Aiptek tablet
was found and the tablet is working - absolute mode with pressure
sensitivity.

My problem starts with GIMP. I have to press, the lift the button on the
stylus to start drawing (with sensitity!), but then there is no way to
end drawing using the stylus. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, and Gimp
globally locks up the left click on my trackball, until I click with the
special tablet mouse on Gimp's menus. Switching tools with the keyboard
while in "Stylus Mode" doesn't work either.

Kind regards

        Jan