[Gimp-user] Format Text

Hi,  I’m new to the list.  And fairly new to Gimp.  I wish to create a text logo and don’t know how to get if formatted like I want.  The text is 2 words using the Bremen Bd true type font style.  What I’m trying to do is have the top of the text square blocked and the bottom curved.  The logo would look like it’s sitting on a half moon cresent.  Does this make sense?   Can anyone show me how to accomplish this in Gimp.

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Kenny