Re: [Gimp-user] Use GIMP for commercial / business purposes?

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Kekko <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Do you mean it is possible to sell GIMP itself? Can I put an item "GIMP sw" in an invoice?
I' don't think it is possible or am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. You can charge money for distributing Gimp. As
long as either:

a) you haven't modified it
or
b) if you have modified it, you can provide all the source code
(including modifications) for free or a reasonable cost (ie. at no
profit)

Anyone can distribute GPL'd software for a fee. It's just not a very
successful business model most of the time.

--
Frank Gore
THE place to talk photography!