Re: [Gimp-user] Installing Gimp in Windows 7 Home Premium

On 10.12.2012 18:02, scl wrote:
On 10.12.12 at 4:16 PM A. den Oudsten wrote:
I installed Gimp 2.8.2.0 and UFRaw-0.18 on that machine.
I copied and merged 'bin', 'lib' and 'share' folders from UFRaw to the
same folders in the directory and GIMP, as advised.
After starting Gimp I got 'Can't find entranceprocedure BZ2_bzRead in
DLL-file bzip2.dll.
Starting UFRaw resulte in 'libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll.
Any suggestion to proceed welcome,

Hi,

UFRAW is incompatible with GIMP 2.8.2.

Is it?

What's obvious is that its installer doesn't handle 64 bit systems, and the fact that it packages its own bzip2.dll causes problems like this, but IIRC many people got it working.

If you are referring to some specific problem (e.g. a 32/64 bit mix), then you should mention this.

--
Regards,
Michael