Re: [Gimp-user] Strange rectangle/ellipse select / crop behavior?

On 12/10/12 10:29, Richard Gitschlag wrote:

Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 17:02:13 -0700
From: ah dreamchaser org
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Strange rectangle/ellipse select / crop behavior?

On 12/08/12 19:19, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 08/12/12 09:08 PM, Gary Aitken wrote:
FreeBSD, 2.8.2
I'm wondering if others are seeing the same thing I'm seeing:

If I select an area using either the rectangle or ellipse select tools,
then crop the image,
the crop happens correctly,
but the selection is left displaced from the new image.

If the selection is from one of the other tools (free select, fuzzy, scissors),
the selection is left superimposed on the image where it should be.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I get that too on 2.8.2 on Debian Sid. I was told it was a
bug some time ago but is apparently still there.

Thanks, I won't worry about reporting it then and will assume it will get fixed
in due time.