Re: [Gimp-user] Save, Save As and Export separated?

> Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:29:59 +0200
> From: simon budig de
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Save, Save As and Export separated?
>
> Hi Alessia.
>
> Alessia (alemim gmail com) wrote:
> > I'm really asking because I'm not pro and I don't want to became but
> > I'm, say, an amateur that us, for now, GImp in quite basic way ( or
> > better in a purpose oriented way) and this thing of the exporting
> > behavior is quite annoying ( to me) especially because there no
> > choice to change it, but might be not the only problem.
>
> However, please do not take this as a rejection of non-professionals. It
> is basically a guideline at whose needs we look first, when we have no
> idea what to do. We want to streamline the use for professionals, but if
> there is something we can do to help the non-pro - and it does not
> interfere with the "professionals" workflow it probably will be
> considered and added.

...like taking the existing warning and giving it an "Export/Cancel" choice instead of simply "OK" ?  That's the easiest compromise that's been suggested, and it's been dogmatically shot down as "not doing that, sorry".  That is the part I just don't understand / agree with.

Though it would make for a great minor fork or plugin....

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com