Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP is GREAT!

On 08/14/2012 01:39 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM, maderios wrote:

2)I'm not complaining about Gimp, Gimp is a very good software. I'm just
saying the new Gimp-2.8 behavior (concerning save and save as ) is an error.
This error takes away Gimp-2.8 of the world of the professionals.
Except professionals tend to like this change, but yeah, what do we know? :)

It's always the professionals who pull tools upward and not amateurs...
Example : Ph$$op was created for professional photographers and with
professional photographers.

Um, no. It wasn't :)

Hi Alexandre

Really ? In 1987, "digital photography" didn't exist... We (photographers) were using color slides, and the contrast was a big problem... Easier with negative but useless for commercial use. Then, 1990 years, some colleagues began using P$$op for editing and archiving their photos. It was the beginning.....

"Thomas renamed his program Photoshop and worked out a short-term deal with scanner manufacturer Barneyscan to distribute copies of the program with a slide scanner"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop#Early_history

Regards
Maderios

PS: