Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP is GREAT!

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM, maderios <maderios gmail com> wrote:
Hi Alexandre

Really ? In 1987, "digital photography"  didn't exist... We (photographers)
were using color slides, and the contrast was a big problem... Easier with
negative but useless for commercial use. Then, 1990 years, some colleagues
began using P$$op for editing and archiving their photos. It was the
beginning.....

"Thomas renamed his program Photoshop and worked out a short-term deal with
scanner manufacturer Barneyscan to distribute copies of the program with a
slide scanner"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop#Early_history

Your ability to open and read WIkipedia is commendable, but I strongly
suggest that you read the full history that I linked to :)
Photographers weren't the reason to create Photoshop. It came next.

Now, as for GIMP, we did work with professional photographers and we
are going to work with them in the future.

I understand that you are unwilling to read whatever links I throw at
you, but maybe this time it's going to work? Here are raw evaluation
notes from 2006 usability study:

http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Evaluation_Notes_-_Photo_Realistic

PS:
I used Cinepaint in the past

Very well :) I just hope we are not having a "who started doing
computer graphics earlier" contest 'round here. Not that I didn't have
fond memories of using a light pen around 1986 :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org