Re: [Gimp-user] 2.8 rc1 on XP

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:25:17 -0600, Gary Aitken wrote:

When I run the install (using normal install, although custom fails as
well), it appears to install correctly.
However:
   It does not create a desktop shortcut (Should it, in the default
install?)

It doesn't, and it shouldn't - desktop is not something that the installer
should touch.

   It creates only a single entry in the start menu, labelled "GIMP 2".
     In particular, no subitems, such as uninstall  (should it?)

That is correct - with the new Start Menu in Vista and 7, opening
subfolders is quite annoying, and since uninstall functionality is provided
through the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel, there's really
no need to clutter the Start Menu.

A possible issue -- this is running booted from an "F:" drive, with no
"C:" or "D:" drive on the machine.

Shouldn't be a problem, I've got a similar setup.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >