Re: [Gimp-user] Convert PS USM settings to Gimp

Yes I haven't found any direct conversions yet, but in the meantime
here is a page that is a great article in that the guy compares how to
use USM in Gimp, Photoshop, and ImageMagick, which I only came
across lately via Linux and mobile development research I was doing:

http://redskiesatnight.com/2005/04/06/sharpening-using-image-magick/

That's a good one. I was going to write to him and ask him something
about his site, but I'll also ask about the usm conversion.

There is a table in the article referenced above which suggests that
radius and threshold are the same in Gimp and Photoshop and that amount
in Gimp is one hundredth of that in Photoshop.

Norman