[Gimp-user] Help! - snow animation

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Jude <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Can anyone please point me to a step-by-step tutorial to create falling snow?(animation).
I'm a complete novice, but can create basic animations and use layers to some degree.

Here is a basic sequence that I would try:
1. start with a blank canvas and add lots of noise (black and white)
2. Blow up the resolution, so it looks very grainy
3. Add linear motion blur
4. invert the colors and then change black to an alpha channel
5. use translations of this to create an animation.

If this works, please post a tutorial somewhere!

I'm using GIMP 2.6. I want to create falling snow on a small picture I've already created.
I've spent hours scouring the net today, checking Youtube, but I can't find a clear and concise tutorial.
Many thanks for any help.
Jude

--
Jude (via gimpusers.com)