Re: [Gimp-user] Tweaking performance

Redux:

Ok, so I have ordered a new MB and 16GB ram(MB supports up to 32GB) for my desktop machine and am waiting for
it to arrive.  However, I don't currently have a processor, and would like to get an idea of which would be
better, specifically for GIMP's use:

More Cores, Slower clock speed
vs
Fewer Core's, higher Clock speed

Given that GIMP seems to allow setting your number of CPUs it can utilize, my initial thought here would be
the more cores, the better.  Also, since I will likely be running at least 1-2 other programs at the same
time, I expect this would likely be the best approach.  At this point, I don't have any plan's to add
additional components in the near future, but long term once prices drop, I will likely buy 1 or more SSD's.

Any thoughts on the CPU debate?