Re: [Gimp-user] Mac OSX 10.6.8 - GIMP 2.6.11

From what I recall (haven't installed GIMP on Mac for some time) you need to install X11 window manager first. X11 used to be included on an "extras" cd with the official Mac systems discs, or you can download it from Apple. Google is your friend.

Once installed, GIMP works fine on Macs.

Forgive me if I have it wrong - it's been some time since I did it. It's pretty straightforward and everything comes from official sources so you don't have to worry about malware.

On 10/11/11 09:54, Ken Springer wrote:
On 11/7/11 3:03 AM, John Thurgood wrote:
I have downloaded the photographic processing GIMP but cannot get it to
> operate in my Mac computer. Can anybody help please?

To paraphrase The Rolling Stones, "We can't get no, satisfaction."

At my next Mac User Group meeting, we'll be having a presentation on Mac graphics software. I'll be noting the lack of interest from the Gimp community in providing assistance.

A year or so ago, I couldn't get 2.6 to work under Win 7 Home Premium, either.

FWIW, I've located another open source editing program, Seashore. Appears to be less powerful than Gimp, but it will do what I need.

--
David McQuire
0418 310312