Re: [Gimp-user] Scan

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:55:06 +0000
R Kimber <richardkimber btinternet com> wrote:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:25:44 -0600
Tom Cranston wrote:

XSane, comes installed w/Xubuntu 11.10. The problem is
that Gimp 2.6.11 does not refer to it from it's menu as
it used to do. I found it has to be accessed via the
command line:

I have Gimp 2.6.11 and Xubuntu 11.10 and Xsane is in the
menu under File->Create

- Richard.
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources
gimp-user-list mailing list
gimp-user-list gnome org
Does not appear on mine

Create ->
From Clipboard
Web Page Themes

Might be because as I already stated that I am running Live

I am loath to install just to find it no workie.

Will look for a throw down HDD to install on for a test to
see if XSane appears under create. I suspect it will appear
in the blank space noted above.