[Gimp-user] An introduction and some questions

Hi fellow GIMP user,

My name is Mark Peng. I first learned about GIMP as a photographer and a Linux user. It was the best tool for someone like me who need a powerful tool and didn't want to boot back in Windows just to use Photoshop.

Few years after I started using GIMP and I joined a company that makes Windows based tablet computer with an active digital stylus and multitouch input. While my colleagues focus how Photoshop and Artrage would run on our tablet, I thought GIMP would be the perfect software for the tablet and our customer. I already tested it out, it runs great and the pen pressure sensitivity is supported. However, I am hesitate to recommend to the company because I am not familiar with GNU General Public License. I was wondering if someone on the discussion forum could help me understand the finer detail I did look at this link and understand GIMP is a free software under GNU General Public License.
http://www.gimp.org/about/COPYING
http://www.gimp.org/about/selling.html
We don't intend to sell it for profit or charge extra for the service of installing it. The goal here is to preinstall it on the system since so many of our customers like it and ask us why we don't include it in the first place.

--
Mark Peng
Kupa LLC