Re: [Gimp-gui] UI also for nonexperts would be helpful

Hi,

On 2017-02-19 21:31, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Jehan wrote:

Well, so that's what I am saying. That's how paintbrush tool works. If you
draw in between 2 pixels,

Which results in having 2px strokes while using a 1px brush. Can you
see how this is confusing to users who are not all the familiar with
specifics of GIMP internals? :)

Ok yes, if that's what you meant, you are right. But then it's a perfect example of something I certainly don't think we should change just because this can be confusing to people "not familiar with specifics of GIMP".

So yes, you have to know a little bit of GIMP to understand the difference between the pencil and the paintbrush tools. And that's true for a lot of things in GIMP. Some are clearly improvable and are bad GUIs. Others, like here, that's just different features/tools. I don't see how we can improve this apart by removing features (then it's not an improvement for advanced users who want this difference of behavior!), or by adding more options (here totally unnecessary since the desired behavior is already possible, just use the right tool!).

Jehan

Alex