Re: [Gimp-gui] Possible places to save vertical space in Single (and Multiple) Window Mode

On 12/29/2017 09:53 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

In general, I completely agree that things could be tidier, I just
don't think vertical padding between elements is our main enemy here
:)

Just to illustrate my point with a quick and dirty design artistically
borrowed from Blender widgets :)

https://i.imgur.com/sDri1DB.png

That's a nice interface! Really nice!

(Click and drag changes value, click and release enables numeric input.)

That's something I seem to fight with a lot - it seems not very easy to get the current slider dialogs to switch to numeric input, and then accept the numeric input without somehow switching to a number I wasn't actually trying to type. Maybe there's a trick, but if there is I haven't figured it out.

Would you still say the vertical padding is the enemy number one? :)

No, but as I explained in my last-posted email, regarding the sliders I was talking about the padding around the words in any given slider (total slider height) rather than about the padding between the sliders. But I used "not very clear" terminology. Sigh.

Elle