Re: [Gimp-gui] Possible places to save vertical space in Single (and Multiple) Window Mode

On Fri, 2017-12-29 at 18:14 +0100, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
Am Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017, 16:32:49 CET schrieb Elle Stone:
Hi All,
[...]

6. [...] image window tabs [...]

This one annoys me most. When only having a single image open the
tabs should
probably not shown at all. Or is a single tab good for anything that
is not obvious?
It's a drag source, although dragging the image icon onto the desktop
doesn't seem to save (GNOME 3).

Single window mode development got stalled because of ... personality
conflicts... and because the developer who made the notebook-tab
version wandered off (i think for other reasons; he cited raising
children, so i think some sort of farming?)

Besides 3./4. and 6. I don't mind the extra space, it helps separate
things and is less clutter than horizontal lines.

Space is very important.

Improving the layout of tool options could be done more effectively,
this slave suspects, than by changing padding. Instead, e.g. what about
collapsing groups for related sliders etc? E.g. i shouldn't have to
scroll down in the box to change the dodge tool from highlights to
shadows (which i do often) or to add/remove jitter from painting. Or
maybe i should, i'd rathern't.

So maybe best to focus on not a more compact view but a more usable
view?

Liam (ankh)