Re: [Gimp-gui] Force Toolbox Widgets To Bottom

On 10/15/2015 01:32 PM, Jehan wrote:
Hi,

On 2015-10-15 19:14, Elle Stone wrote:

Am I the only person who likes the Toolbox just the way it is?

I'm having a difficult time imagining a more efficient layout for
Tools than GIMP already has. (I don't mean Single-Window Mode, which
seems to me to be completely unuseable, but different strokes for
different folks).

This is actually refreshing to get comments from multi-window users. We
have a lot more remarks from SWM leading us to think that they are more
numerous (which may or may not be the case), even though I know that
many multi-windows users of GIMP exist. They should manifest themselves
more often for their workflows to be heard (so thanks for this message,
by the way).

Another thing about Multiple Window Mode that I really like and use a lot, is the ability to go full screen with the image (F11), and then put the Toolbox-with-dialogs on top of the image to get another tool, move a layer, change a tool setting, see a readout, etc.

Being able to easily move the Toolbox around the screen, especially in full screen mode, depending on the part of the image I'm working on, is also a feature I use a lot, and something I don't think you can do in when in whatever it is that passes for full screen in SWM.

I know a lot of people like SWM, and I'm glad it's there for people who like it. But to me, SWM doesn't seem like a good use of screen real estate, there's too much "stuff" around the image itself.

Elle